SMC SMC de Kemphanen
supermotard rijders uit de Kempen

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

its going to happen

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    SMC de Kemphanen -> Ritjes
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
wh3171

BerichtGeplaatst: 04-12-2019 02:48:23    Onderwerp: its going to happen Reageren met citaat

There was something a tad naive about the voracity with which Toronto FC fans greeted the final whistle Wednesday night, as their team triumphed 2-1 over the Whitecaps. NMD Store . If it was just an MLS regular season game, the reaction might have been warranted. Jermaine Defoe and Michael Bradley, Torontos two superstars scored on either side of half-time in top dollar fashion... with cool, composed precision. On any other day, that would have been three points with the two highest profile players justifying their worth. But this was not just a game, this was the first leg of two-game total goals series, in which away goals count as the first tiebreaker. And Torontos opponent wasnt a full-fledged MLS experienced squad, it was a team of kids including three 17-year-olds. A 19-year-old (Kekuta Manneh) came off the bench and bagged a critical goal in second half stoppage time, that puts the Whitecaps in pretty good shape heading home for that second leg next Wednesday at BC Place (7:30pm pt). It was a Whitecaps team that averaged just over 22 years of age, or about five years younger per player than those in red. The average salary per player, well... that was about a 15-1 difference favouring TFC on the night. And so the context of Wednesdays win should have garnered a different reaction from the home faithful. They should have been annoyed that TFC didnt capitalize on some of its gilt-edged chances in the first half, which might have seen a much wider scoreline at the break. And they should have been devastated at conceding a goal in the dying embers of the second half, having just been put in a great 2-0 position by Michael Bradleys marauding run and clinical finish minutes before. And all of that occurring at home, against a team that is still learning how to shave! The combatants Wednesday gave us an interesting illustration of two entirely different approaches to building a club. I, for one, have absolutely no problem with a team in Canada executing arguably the biggest off-season double swoop in MLS history. Its a top-down approach which has (its early, yes) seemingly paid off already. Interest has been renewed along with many season tickets, in a market that has been exceedingly tolerant of rebuilds. But theres a temporary feeling to that philosophy, much like BMO field itself. Built for today, not for tomorrow. (That, by the way, will change upon approval of an ambitious $100 million redesign to TFCs home.) To use a Mothers Day example, is it better to give Mom a beautiful store-bought bouquet or pick the ones you grew in your garden? If Moms happy either way, does the method matter? The Whitecaps are committed to growing their own. Perhaps thats the reason for so much enthusiasm in Vancouver right now; the sense of sustainability from a foundation built on youth. The tangible potential was there for everyone to see, even though the end product wasnt. Time will tell which supporters will be cheering the loudest on final whistles to come as two Canadian clubs chart their courses into the future. But I get the feeling after Wednesday, Whitecaps fans are pretty optimistic about the ship theyre sailing on. NMD Sale . Zimmermann became the National Leagues first 16-game winner, pitching seven solid innings to lead the Washington Nationals past the Philadelphia Phillies 3-2 Wednesday night. NMD China . Johansen scored twice and Derek MacKenzie, Brandon Dubinsky and Cam Atkinson also had goals to lead the Blue Jackets to a 5-2 victory over the Washington Capitals on Thursday night, ending a three-game losing skid. https://www.cheapnmdoutlet.com/ . Louis Cardinals pitcher Jaime Garcia will have surgery on his left shoulder this week and is expected to miss the rest of the season. LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- Brandt Snedeker was making so many birdies that even an 18-foot putt looked like a mere tap-in. When he finished his amazing run Thursday in the BMW Championship, he had seven straight birdies on his card and an 8-under 63 at blustery Conway Farms. "You get on runs like that, you get excited for the next hole because you know something good is going to happen, because youre in such a good frame of mind and everything is going in the right direction," Snedeker said. In this case, everything was going in -- a 15-foot putt from the fringe on the 13th, another 15-footer on the next hole when he used the blade of his sand wedge to bump the ball out of the short rough, and a 40-footer from the fringe on the 17th stood out to him. That gave him a one-shot lead over Zach Johnson in the third FedEx Cup playoff event. Tiger Woods sounded disgusted with his round of 66, mainly because he had a pair of three-putt bogeys and missed a 4-foot birdie putt over his last five holes. "Im not exactly real happy," Woods said. "I played well, and I just didnt get much out of that round. I missed three little short ones in there and then played the par 5s even par. Thats just not very good." Steve Stricker, Charl Schwartzel and Kevin Streelman also were at 66. The opening round was mainly about the debut of Conway Farms, a Tom Fazio design north of Chicago which has a blend of strong holes and plenty of birdie opportunities on par 4s where players hit wedge for their second shot. Low scoring was predicted, and Snedekers round was proof of that. But as the wind picked up and shifted directions, the course was far from a pushover. Rickie Fowler opened with a pair of double bogeys, followed by a pair of bogeys. He rallied for a 77. Rory McIlroy made a double bogey -- his ninth of the FedEx Cup playoffs -- on his second hole, and then three-putted from 4 feet for a triple bogey and staggered to a 78. Lee Westwood, fighting severe pain in his back and ribs, had an 80. "Theres a good mixture of really hard holes and really good birdie opportunities. I think that makes for exciting golf," Phil Mickelson said after opening with a 70. "Thats why we have such a discrepancy in scores." The top 30 players in the FedEx Cup after the BMW Championship advance to the Tour Chhampionship next week and a shot at the $10 million prize. NMD Wholesale. Westwood is at No. 30 and likely played himself out of a trip to East Lake, though he didnt appear to be healthy enough to play. McIlroy is at No. 41 and all but took himself out of the Tour Championship. He needs to finish somewhere around seventh in the 70-man field. His 78 put him in a tie for 66th. "Its going to be a very uphill task," McIlroy said. "Ill try to get to even par as quickly as I can." That still might not be enough the way Snedeker is playing. Snedeker is at No. 9 in the FedEx Cup and assured of being the first defending FedEx Cup champion to make it to the Tour Championship. He is trying to move into the top five, for those players have a clear shot at the $10 million bonus -- all they have to do is win at East Lake no matter what anyone else does. He wouldnt have imagined this kind of round at the start of the day. He didnt warm up well and didnt feel good with the putter. Snedeker missed the 10th fairway to start his round and had to make an 18-footer for par. He missed the 11th green and had to scramble for par. He missed a good look at birdie from the 12 feet on the next hole. The next hour was a blur. "When I get going good, I realize it doesnt happen all the time, so I instantly become more aggressive," he said. "I think being a good putter helps, too, because I dont really have to hit it three feet eight times in a row. Just got to hit the green sometimes and its going to happen. I realize these runs are few and far between, so when I get on one, I try to run as hard as I can for as long as I can." The blustery conditions kept scoring from getting out of hand, and the average score was at 71.3. No one had less experience on the course than Mickelson, who had some personal issues earlier in the week that kept him from playing the pro-am. He didnt arrive in Chicago until Wednesday night and had never seen the course until he stood on the first tee Thursday. Mickelson did not want to talk about what kept him away. When asked if it was a family matter, he said, "Everything is fine. Im here now, Im ready to play. But I just needed to be a little cautious this first round before I attack it tomorrow." Graham DeLaet of Weyburn, Sask., shot 70, while David Hearn of Brantford, Ont., fired a 72. ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    SMC de Kemphanen -> Ritjes Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: